Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Shampoo

Ok, so I'm sure you already know this but I am obsessed with hair. Especially the way mine feels. (even though on any given day you will most likely find me with my hear pulled back into an upside down flipped pony) For years practically I have been searching for a good shampoo. The best store brand shampoo I have found is Aussie. I liked it because it made my hear feel silky smooth all the time. I stopped using it, however, because I noticed it made my hear fall out. I have spent up to $20 on a bottle of shampoo at salons only to find them to be nothing more than a suped up pantene.

A few weeks ago I came across a book at the Library called "Beautiful Hair at Any Age" (can't remember who it was by) and read it (well, most of it). It was kind of shocked at what I learned.

I have always had a dry itchy scalp and thought it was normal. So I started experimenting with different things. I head mayo was good for your hair so I tried it. Not to impressed! Then I tried avocado, mashed it up and put it in, I think it would have worked better if I used a blender ranther than a fork to mash it. But I was impressed. So I started experimenting around with natural things to put in hair.

That's when I discovered natural shampoos. The first one I got is a was a brand called Organix, not organic even though the anme sounds like it is. It was better than I thought but still not that great.

Then I doscovered Avalon Organics. I've been using it for a week and I like how it so far. My hair is very shiny and soft. It does tend to frizz a little more (my hair is sort of curly and naturlly frizzy!) but all I have to do is add a dab of the conditioner and it tames any flyaways. Also, my hear does not get staticy like it used to.

2 comments:

Kenny Do's said...

The kicker is "WHAT does it SMELL like?" It HAS to smell good or It won't even get into my basket! and just wondering why you didn't like pantene?

Maddie Girl said...

It actually smells good. But I do love the scent of Lavender.

I don't like most store brands because they dry my hair out terribly.