Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Detangling

Before we get started, I added a guest book to my blog! So go down to the very bottom and sign my guest book!

Now on to the tangles! Almost every mom knows the battle of brushing out tangles. I remember as a kid I had very ratty hair. It would tangle up just by me shaking my head.

The first, and probably most important thing you can do to defeat the tangle starts in the shower. If you're using a kids 2 in1 shampoo and you're battling the morning brush, it's time to throw out that baby shampoo and switch to regular shampoo AND conditioner.

After shampooing put the conditioner and comb it through. This will take out about 90% of all the tangles right there, and with the conditioner in the hair the tangles will just slide out which will also protect against breakage.

For brushing through dry hair, you want to start by spraying your hair down with detangeling spray. Remember this tutorial on making your own detangling spray?

Ok, so now that you have the hair sprayed down pretty good it's time to start brushing. The first tendency is to start from the top and go down. You don't want to do this. If you start from the top you are more likely to just rat up the hair making the tangles tighter and harder to brush though. Instead, start from the BOTTOM and worrk you way up. You'll see with this video just how fast it really does go.

No comments: