Thursday, February 4, 2010

Braids and a bun

Ok, first off I'm sure that I've seen this exact hairdo posted somewhere so if you posted it on your blog before (or know who did) please feel free to leave a comment with the link to your original post.

Also, been a busy morning so please excuse the messy breakfast table.

Take the top section of hair and make a part all around. Be sure to pull it into a tight pony tail.
Now, section off the outer part and make into small ponytails all the way around. Be careful to make a straight part and keep them all even.
Keep on going. (I find at this point it's easiest to put the main pony into a hair clip to keep it out of the way)
Make sure you get the underside as well.
Split the pony tails in 2.
Braid it down far enough to connect to the pony tail.
When all braids are done connect them to the pony tail.
Remove the elastics from the tips of the braids and form it into a messy bun.
You might want to spray the bun to keep it looking cute.
Here's the best front view we're getting today.

7 comments:

Dreamer13 said...

I LOVE this one! I am totally going to try this one out soon! Thanks for posting it!

amber.hope said...

Have you ever tried to do this do on your youngest? Her hair is about the same length as my daughters hair. I've tried it a few times but I just cant quite get it right.

Kristi said...

Maddie's hair is too short still. Maybe soon though. My day care girl's hair is perfect though! Z's hair was just below her shoulders last summer when I started watching her and now it's to the middle of her back. She can't wait till it gets to her butt (her words too!)

Dreamweaver braids said...

I love this! I did one similar with ribbons braided in and sort of "webbed" it. Haven't posted it on my blog yet, though, still pretty new at this. Love your Do's!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cute ideas...had many, many compliments at church Sunday with this one. My daughter's hair is curly so no need to do the messy bun w us-just let the curls fall where they please. looked adorable!

Kristi said...

Thanks! Glad you all enjoyed it. I can't wait till Maddie's hair grows out long enough to do these dos on. Oh, well, soon I'll be around my husbands nieces and maybe then I can start posting again!

Kristi said...

Thanks! Glad you all enjoyed it. I can't wait till Maddie's hair grows out long enough to do these dos on. Oh, well, soon I'll be around my husbands nieces and maybe then I can start posting again!