Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Disinfecting cleansing wipes

Ok, I know this blog is for hair stuff but I also have another passion, cleaning. Not just any cleaning though but "green cleaning". Since I switched to "green" I have desperately missed my disinfecting wipes. I would seriously go through one large container a week! Through my desperation to find a green wipe I decided that since I can't find one that's totally chemical free I'd make one!

Anyone that know me knows that I'm in a love affair with vinegar lately! There is seriously nothing that it can't do! From making cheap window cleaner, to cleaning blueberries stains in carpets! So I figured that if it works for those then why not make a wipe out of it.

Wikipedia says "White vinegar is often used as a household cleaning agent. Because it is acidic, it can dissolve mineral deposits from glass, coffee makers, and other smooth surfaces. For most uses dilution with water is recommended for safety and to avoid damaging the surfaces being cleaned.

Recently, vinegar has been marketed as a green solution for many household cleaning problems. For example, vinegar has been cited recently as an eco-friendly urine cleaner for pets and as a weed killer."

So between my love of vinegar and essential oils I made these awesome cleaning wipes! Happy Cleaning!

No comments: